Happy Thanksgiving! Mike, Cora, and I hosted Mike's dad and sister and her family this year. Having the basement finished for this event was fantastic! Our dinner was actually on Friday since Mike's sister, Christine, and her family spent actual Thanksgiving day with her husband's family.
So consequently, our Thanksgiving Day for the four of us (Marty, Mike, Cora, and me) looked a lot like this: sitting on the couch and binge-watching football games.
And then Friday, while Marty and Christine and her family went Black Friday shopping in the morning and early afternoon, Mike and I worked on the turkey, cranberry sauce, and rolls. We made the pumpkin pies earlier in the week. Then all the shoppers came home and made their dishes: Marty made the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, Christine and her family made the salad and some more desserts.
This was my first ever turkey to cook! I think it turned out pretty good, although it might have been cooked a little too long. And the gravy from the drippings turned was much too salty... I guess I should have considered that I brined the turkey when I was adding the salt to the gravy... Ha ha! Oh well. Live and learn. I used the Our Best Bites recipe for the turkey, except I didn't inject it but I did everything else. Mike's family were gracious guinea pigs to eat my first turkey and gravy.
And since it seemed to be all the rage this year for Thanksgiving activities, we also filmed a Thanksgiving "mannequin" video. Ha ha! But some lost their poses.....
(This post was backdated to November 27, 2016, but it was written on February 19, 2017.)


No comments:
Post a Comment