Sunday, May 06, 2007

Direct my Paycheck to REI Please

Earlier this week I received a mailing from REI announcing their Anniversary Sale that was beginning this weekend. Oh my goodness! My dreams have come true and everything I have wanted and needed for my trip to Havasu Falls in June is on sale!!

So yesterday, a few of us that are hiking into Havasu Falls together went up to SLC to go shopping at REI. I dropped so much money there. It was awesome! I was mentally and financially prepared for it though so all is still good. I don't regret anything!!

I bought a new internal frame pack, the Jetboil Group Cooking system and the companion single cup, a bunch of backpacking food, some Smartwool hiking socks, a Petzel headlamp, and some biodegradable Campsuds. Then I exchanged my awesome new hiking pants that I bought back in January or February at the Patagonia outlet for a different size--some a little more roomier and comfortable. I am set for anything fun this summer. Now to only buy a lightweight tent and sleeping bag . . .

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Soooo jealous. We got the anivers. catalouge as well. After dog-earing abot 20 pages, Cori and I resolved to throw it away before the temptation became too much. Well done, Jess. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Jess! Have fun on your trip, and also, congrats on not being a wanna-be too!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...