Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Homesick No More

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling kind of homesick . . . homesick for MY mountains in Idaho! And then this past weekend I got to go home and go to my mountains! It was marvelous fun!

My mom, sisters, a niece and I continued our tradition of getting together for a sister's 40th birthday. This year it was Jill's! (Check out the birthday girl on the four-wheeler with me--the pic without the helmets.) And this will be the last one for a while---because I am the next to turn 40 . . . in 13 years!

We went
to Robyn's cabin in Cascade, Idaho and enjoyed some R & R. We had cake, opened presents, reminisced, cooked and ate a Dutch oven breakfast, rode the four-wheeler everywhere, played Catch Phrase, shot bee-bee guns, went to dinner at Tamarack Ski Resort and then lastly, went to some hot springs. It was a jam-packed weekend with no time for anything but fun.

Just so you all know . . . I should have grown up with a four-wheeler. I monopolized it!! I loved it!! I can just think of all the times I could have taken it around the roads in Warren where my dad's cabin was. Dad! You denied me!! :o) I could have found that hermit my dad tells me stories about running into on a road out in the middle of the wilderness. I would like to know what a real-life hermit looks like. Grizzly long beard, overalls, covered in dirt??? Guess I will never know.

Anyway . . . the other exciting news for the weekend is that I was able to scan photos
from the photo album my Uncle Doyle let me look at!! Truly. It was a family history miracle. There were pictures in there that I could never have dreamed of. Ya'll will have to take a look at my family history blog here in a bit to see some of the pictures that were in the album. This is my kind of family history work---since most of my ancestors are already found. I have one line to work on, but gathering pictures and stories breaks up the frustrating dead-end researching at which I am not quite adept.

Oh! And I got to see some of my favorite wildflowers right there in my sister's cabin's front yard: Trillium!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

So much fun. Happy b-day to your sis. Will you invite me to your 40th? You know, in like... 50 years?

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...