Friday, February 01, 2008

Birthday Trip to Cali Recap

Wow. So it was two weeks ago today that I was in San Francisco for my birthday! And its been two weeks since I've done anything responsible - well responsible like, clean my bathroom, wash my bed, clean my room, do laundry, buy groceries, and blog! And tonight was the night to rectify that!! I am proud to say I got it all done! I would have liked to have done my taxes too and get the copies of a survey form made, but that didn't happen. You can tell I even got side tracked with my two previous posts before the real one that I needed to write up! Ugh. I digress.

Here are some highlights and pics from my trip to see Joni and Adam and their three kids: Adam, Whitney and Ethan.

Day 1 - Friday, January 18th, my actual Birthday!:
Wake up to a chorus of "Happy Birthday" and a monster balloon.
French toast with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Quick run to take Ethan to school - in our jammies.
Getting ready for the day while sharing a bathroom with my sis.
Driving around in a convertible with the top down.
Extremely successful shopping ($7 work pants and $12 skirt from Ann Taylor Loft).
Almost buying some big, furry boots.
Gourmet birthday cake with the kids and opening presents.
Trip into the city for dinner at Scala's with Joni and Adam.
Walk around Coit Tower.

Day 2 - Saturday, January 19th:
A couple of fabulous hours in the Legion of Honor (SF's Art Museum) musing over Monet, Renior, Rodin, etc.
Pics on the grounds of the Legion of Honor and gazing at the Golden Gate Bridge from a distance .
Pier 39.
Dinner at Neptune's Palace with their fabulous crab cakes.
Stroll through the aquarium that was making us motion sick.
Watching To Catch a Thief with Joni.

Day 3 - Sunday, January 20th:
Playing ping pong and the Indiana Jones pinball machine with Whitney and Ethan.
Beating Adam's high score on the Indiana Jones pinball machine (I think my score was 275 million).
Attending church and listening to Ethan's primary talk.
Savoring a lamb dinner.
Family Home Evening with a lesson by Ethan.
Watching an episode of the Walton's.

Day 4 - Monday, January 21st:
Watching Ethan tackle the skate park like a pro on his skateboard in Petaluma.
Experiencing my first Trader Joe's and restraining myself to what will fit in my carry-on sized luggage.
Off to the airport to catch my delayed-by-a-snowstorm-in-SLC flight.




2 comments:

Mary said...

You look great! Seems like you had a lot of fun!

Jesse said...

What a fun trip. I know what you mean about trader joes. I shopped at that place all the time while we lived in CA. Two words: Mango Sauce. Glad you've spent a couple of weeks being not so responsible!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...