Inspired by an article on MSN, this week's Fab Five offers advice on what NOT to say to the opposite sex. Here's the BYU-specific list of what you should never say:
What not to say to a guy:What not to say to a girl:
- "Why don't you ask me out?" Apparently, this happens. Ladies, never suggest yourself as a date. It puts him in an awkward situation and makes you look desperate.
- "He's so hot." When you're talking about another guy. Move stars, maybe, but never say it about someone you know.
- "Let's share dessert." Girls, you want the whole thing. Guys know that.
- "Are you going to wear that?" This is what the guy hears: "You look hideous, and even though we're ready to go, change your clothes or we're not leaving."
- Any discussion of marriage on a first date, or even a tenth date. Talk about freaking a guy out. If it's about marriage, don't bring it up.
- "You look tired and/or comfortable." Guys, this tells a girl she looks like she just rolled out of bed, and chances are she probably spent time getting ready that day.
- "Is it that time of the month?" Touchy. If it is, now she's even grouchier, but if it isn't, you're in trouble. Girls have emotions, but they aren't all PMS. It's insulting.
- "Are you really going to eat all that?" What she hears: "You fat cow, I can't believe you're having a cheeseburger AND fries!"
- "What's up with your hair?" A girl's hair is one of the most important things to her image and makes her feel either beautiful or ugly. Never insult the hair.
- Refer to them as an object/title. For example, never say, "The girlfriend and I will come over." The girlfriend has a name, jerk. Let the days of objectification be over.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Daily Universe is at it again! Ha!
So my favorite, ridiculous newspaper, The Daily Universe, is at it again! Making me laugh! Every Friday they run this section called, "Fridays Fab Five." Last week, I talked about the websites to waste time with and before that I shared my favorite letters to the editor with you. Well here is the newest installment of the DU. (Maybe I should make this a recurring blog entry.) :o) Ha! Love it. Must love the DU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time to Retire this Blog
I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...
2 comments:
nice... made me laugh
So funny. I love the DU. I had a Tuesday and Thursday ritual that involved a bagel, some OJ, and the letters to the editor. Truly ridiculous, but oh so entertaining. I would love for this to be a regular on your blog!
Post a Comment