Saturday, October 04, 2008

Hoodlums in the Cemetery

Mike is in town this weekend and he just spent the best ever 2 hours with me (in between afternoon session of General Conference and Priesthood session). Ha!

First let me tell you about Find-A-Grave. It's a website where people can input information about their ancestors (names, birth date, death date, etc) and if they know where the ancestor is buried then they can request a photo of the headstone. Well, people like me sign up as contributors so if someone requests a photo of a headstone in the Provo cemetery then I'll run over there with my digital camera, take the picture and upload it to the website which then notifies the requester. And in my case, if I request a photo of a headstone in North Platte, Nebraska then one of the 10 contributors within 10 miles of that cemetery will run over and do the same for me! It's a really cool website. And I requested 5 photos today and fulfilled 4 for someone else. Talk about teamwork.

Anyway, Mike went with me to the Provo cemetery to take the pictures. In the rain - yeah, Mike brought it with him from Seattle. What a trooper.
And then I had to document his visit and take pictures of us. And then off to Wal-Mart for a little grocery shopping. See best 2 hours he has ever had... and it was with me.

Here is a pic of me trying to look like a hoodlum with Mike. He is way to good at it. I couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Alas, you are too pretty to look like a hoodlum. Just look like a jacket model.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...