Friday, October 03, 2008

Recipe for Lovesickness

Wow. So I just finished watching North & South. Ashlee was right - it did get me in a good mood. I feel so much better now. Even good enough to write about the movie immediately afterwards. This movie is akin to Pride & Prejudice... in rankings among my top favorite movies and in length! (It was 4 hours long.)

First meet the handsome, rich, business-savvy, rough-around the edges, maybe a b
it of temper, but chuck full of potential hero, Mr. Thornton:

And then meet determined, out-spoken, charitable, relies-too-much-on-first-impressions, kind, and sees the potential heroine, Margaret Hale:Throw in some strife at Mr. Thornton's mill with the union and some other heart-breaking news...throw in a few major events that induce humility and walah! You get this:

And you get me - staying up late to blog about it, sigh over it, and hope she can dream about it. Sigh....

2 comments:

Natalie said...

i've heard it's fabulous - i really need to check it out!

Jen said...

I love and own this movie.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...