Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

In our family, Christmas Eve is the big, formal event. We have a ham dinner, a white elephant gift exchange, some games and then the traditional opening of one gift from Grandma. And then there is the traditional "feel my guns" moment that I am subjected to by my brother-in-law every time I am in town. Oh boy. This year I obliged him .... and had my nephew take a picture of it promising to put it on my blog! Ha! Take that Doug. :)

We played an M&M game and it was a riot! As soon as you roll doubles with the dice, you want to scoop M&Ms from the bowl into your cup as fast as possible to get as many as possible until someone else rolls doubles and then it is their turn. And you have to scoop the M&Ms with a knife. My mom was a hoot!

Christmas Day is spent at my sister Jill's house, eating finger foods, getting tours of her kids' Christmas loot and watching movies. This is the year I introduced Jill to North & South.

And then, here are the pictures of my mom's reaction to receiv
ing the Halford & Brooks' Family Album. I think it is safe to say she loved it. :)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...