Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Seattle Scoutin'

I went to Seattle again this past weekend. I saw some sweet fares for $123 roundtrip to Seattle from Salt Lake City, so I just did it! I texted, called, emailed and facebooked my friend Mike to see if I could come visit him again. And he said I could!! So I bought the ticket on a whim and planned my trip.

Well, it ended up being a scouting trip... checking things out as a possible move-to location!
So I talked to an HR person at Microsoft, which is where Mike works, and looked at some apartment complexes... and got a lot of good work done! Learned that I don't want to work on one side of Lake Washington and live on the other... so that seals the deal for me.... East Side it is for everything...living, working, playing. So that really helped me to narrow it down. Now just to find a job..... anyone know anyone in HR in the Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue, maybe Bothell areas?

Mike also treated me to a jaunt around Snowqualmie Falls and some skiing at Steven's Pass...... okay not treating me in the traditional way - where he pays for me.... more like obliged me by taking me there (on top of all the driving around we did on Friday to check out places to live). The skiing was pretty good. Better than I expected.... if I move there I might just actually get my first ever season pass. But you have to understand... when growing up in Boise, the season pass was too expensive and I wouldn't get the worth out of it. Here in Utah, I have 8 resorts all within an hour's drive of my house - why ball and chain myself to one resort when the 7 others might have gotten the better snowfall? But! In the Seattle area, it sounds like Steven's Pass is the best and closest resort so..... season pass here I come!!

Bottom line: It felt really natural to be there. Not like I was on vacation. Everything felt really good too... the job hunt, the apartment hunt, everything. Nothing freaked me out. It just felt like home.....

6 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Oh goodie! Would be thrilled to have you move this way! Good Luck. Will keep you in my prayers. ooxx`jod

Our Ohana said...

Washington looks so beautiful, I would love to live somewhere like that! I hope it all works out for you, I'm sure you would love it there!
- Sara xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jess - it looks great and even better it feels great to you so enjoy!

Jesse said...

Wow Jess, go for it!

Elke said...

Can't wait to have you here! We will be moving to Sumner asap, so that will be much closer to Seattle. We'll hang out! Yeah!

Tamera and Matthew Seely said...

So this is what you were hinting about the other day. That could be fun and exciting for you. Do you like rain? :) Keep me updated.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...