Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter Weekend Adventure

This weekend was it! My winter weekend adventure with good friends, fabulous cabins and loads of SNOW!!

I tried snowmobiling for the first time. I rode with John on a snowmobile and boy was I glad because he had been snowmobiling before and the first thing we had to do was inch down a steep hill and then immediately
cross a river on a snow bridge that was only as wide as the snowmobile! And then we took off a long ways to a meadow where the guide told us to each take a turn singly on the snowmobiles and go have some fun. While John was off riding, the guide grabbed me and took me for a ride to show me what a snowmobile was really caple of! Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I sat in the front and held onto the middle of the handle bars while he stood behind me and drove up a steep hill into the fresh powder and did all these quick turns where we dug into the snow really deep and then he even took me over some jumps. I screamed every time we jumped. Wow. Snowmobiling is scary! We had a couple girls get hurt when their snowmobiles fell into a tree - one of the snowmobiles was really jacked up. I felt bad about that - they were really shaken up.

Jed, Jen and I kicked the weekend off with a little skiing at Park City. The snow was pretty good and we had a lot of fun. We found some sweet moguls under the McConkey's lift.

I also had some fun snow shoeing with Katie and trying to get the boys in the snow! When will they ever learn that it is so much more fun to just let us girls take them down in the snow?? Cuz, inevitably, we have to go down with them to get them. :)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...