Monday, November 23, 2009

431 for a Stress Score

I was talking to a colleague at work today about the stress I'm under right now... of stuff that has all occurred within the past week and a half!! She mentioned that there is a theory out there that adds up your stress score. So I googled it. It's called the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale. They say a score above 300 indicates you are prone to illness. Woo hoo! That usually does happen to me when I'm feeling stressed. It usually comes out in TMJ symptoms... I've never been officially diagnosed... I've only experienced the symptoms.

So here is my list of stress causing events that have occurred in the last month with most of them occurring in the last week and a half. Whoa. But you know what is pretty cool... I think I'm doing okay. I think I usually handle stress pretty well.

  • Relationship ended (2 times) - enough said
  • Relationship reconciliation - enough said
  • Change in financial state - really! Buying this house is really stretching my dollar after I've been living the high life for a while.
  • Major mortgage - enough said
  • Change in responsibilities at work - my new job as an instructional designer wannabe
  • Change in living conditions - new condo, no garage, no roommates - for the first time ever! I've always had someone in my house with me.
  • Revision of personal habits - my gym routine! Ugh! And my commute is a bit longer.
  • Change in working hours or conditions - mostly change in the building I work in... away from my closest colleagues
  • Change in residence - enough said
  • Change in recreation - I think so cuz I'm further away from all my favorite friends, movie theaters, restaurants, etc.
  • Change in church activities - new ward, no calling, probably a new calling now
  • Change in social activities - new friends, new neighbors, no roommates, new ward...
  • Christmas - I just had to tack that one on there since Christmas is coming up. :)

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I have no doubts you'll stay on top of your game.

Elysa said...

Good luck on the new milestones and challenges in your life right now. Congrats on becoming a home owner!

The Road Less Traveled. said...

I love you Jess! and distance doesn't change a thing.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...