Well, folks. The deed is done. The 20 million signatures have been signed and the ink dried now for 10 hours. I don't have the keys yet... good ole Fannie Mae needs 3 business days to process and record the closing before I can get the keys. But I'll have them by Friday so I can move in on Saturday as hoped for and desired. I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM A HOMEOWNER!!! So wild!
The place is absolutely beautiful.... I studied it in detail this afternoon and evening... during my extremely long and thorough last walk-through (in which I also cleaned as I checked out everything). I was really hoping to get the keys today so I could spread out the cleaning and last of the packing over the next few nights, but since I don't have them yet... I did my cleaning all this afternoon and well into the evening - all under the guise of a last walk-through. :) And then I hid my cleaning supplies so nothing would look suspicious.
Tomorrow they will change the locks on everything. And I'm really glad I exercised self-control and did not buy the remaining big ticket items yet because my money to bring to closing ended up being $600 more than expected. I had a feeling something like that would happen. And most of that extra money had to do with my HOA - the transfer fee, the prorated fee for the rest of this month and the 2 months paid in advance. Good gravy! But it's done. I'm home. And I'm going to bed. (Yes. Yes. Pictures will come... but give me some time to get moved in and unpack... ;))
3 comments:
Congrats! Can't wait to see it!
congradulations! I am so excited for you. It sounds like things are going really good for you. :)
Yaaaaaaaaaay! Congrats.
Post a Comment