Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas!

Merry belated Christmas! Christmas was wonderful... as usual. I went home to Idaho for a few days.

I borrowed my brother-in-law's carpool van to take home to Boise so I could bring back my old daybed for my guest room. And when I picked it up he told me there might be a mouse in it! So me, the mouse-mobile, the mouse and the mouse trap drove to Boise together and then back to Utah with my old daybed and all the bedding I could ever want. This is when I'm grateful and more than cooperative than usual in accepting my mom's off-loading.
But thankfully I didn't have any run-ins with the mouse... and unfortunately, neither did the mouse trap.

Christmas Eve was the usual big event of a million appetizers, a ham dinner, a fun white-elephant gift exchange (one where mom got a beloved President Barack Obama commemorative plate - she actually doesn't care for Obama so it was really funny that she got it), a tradition of opening a real gift from mom, and then the family photo that I always insist on taking.

If we didn't get enough eating done on Christmas Eve then we polished it off on Christmas Day at my sister
Jill's house: appetizers to munch on all day, soup for dinner, more yummy appetizers, movies, tours of the kids' Christmas loot, and more movies.

I went skiing at my old haunt of a ski hill, Bogus Basin, with my sister Robyn, her husband Doug and my nephew Trevor. It was a classic day of skiing -
driving around Boise on a very cloudy day, ascending up the foothills to the resort and climbing out of the muck of clouds into a beautiful sunny day of skiing. It was pretty cold and I was glad Trevor tuned my skis because I needed my edges sharp for the ice I encountered on the slopes! Super fun times as usual!

And now we're on to a new year! And here it comes! 2010!!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...