Saturday, June 11, 2011

I {Heart} Deer Valley!

Can I just say how much I love riding at Deer Valley? Kendra and I pre-rode the race course Wednesday evening and then Saturday was the race. The pre-ride course had us riding through a couple snowfields .... uh. CRAZY. I walked my bike through them. But that was only at the beginning of the course ... after that is heaven. HEAVEN. I love the fun little turns, ups, and downs through the forests of pine trees. The trees smell so good!! As soon as we hit the first tree section I yelled, "This is my favorite part!"
Pre-riding DV. See the smile on my face? I just came out of a little bit of heaven.
The actual race course didn't make us go through the snowfields, but we did have to climb a hill with a 23% grade. Ha! Yeah right! I walked it. I was practically parallel to the hill side while pushing my bike up it. Initially we were suppose to do one and a half laps, but since none of us my category (a whopping 3 people including myself) were trying to qualify for USA Cycling, the race organizers let us change to our normal one lap. Now, I'm kind of sad I didn't do the extra half lap. I would have had to climb the hill at the beginning, but I would have been able to ride through the trees again! Oh well. Live and learn. Oh. And I got 3rd place - aka last place. But it came with a $15 certificate to Cole Sports in Park City - which I already spent. :)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...