Sunday, June 05, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood 2011

Teri and I rode the Little Red Riding Hood Century Ride again this year. Teri rocked it with her new pedals and shoes - so her feet didn't hurt nearly as bad. But we kind of switched roles this year - I was struggling this year! Saddle soreness started to kick in around mile 60. And then I started to feel like I wanted to be done with the ride by mile 72 - especially since that is when we started to see all of the faster riders coming back on the finishing out-n-back loop. And then I started to feel gross: hot and tummy-ache. Thankfully we had a full-service food stop at about mile 83 so I got some food and laid down in the shade and cool grass. After a few minutes I felt a little better so Teri and I got back on the road because I just wanted to be done. By the time we doubled back to finish I was feeling much better and really started to book it. That's when Teri told me to slow down whereas the rest of the ride I was telling her to slow down so we'd have enough energy to finish the ride. But we finished! And the ice cream they had at the finish line for us was delectable! It tasted so good. Kendra and Wendy from my mountain bike team rode up to Logan with me - this is Kendra in the pictures with Teri and me.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...