#1.
So, I rocked my first year of grad school. Rocked. It. Actually, . . . ROCKED IT (in all caps). As in 4.0 rocked it. The entire year! Yeah. I'll enjoy the 4.0 (Four. Point. O.) while I can. (And I'll say it as many times as I can - until it changes.)
#2
In a fit to finally leave a relationship in the past, I dove out of my hermit phase into a wild and woolly, deep-end-of-the-pool social weekend. But I didn't think it was the deep end, I had hoped I was just wading into the shallow end. That weekend consisted of a singles BBQ immediately resulting in a date (which I didn't really want because I just wanted to practice talking to people again, but the date ended up being very nice, relaxed, and casual and actually renewed my faith that dates can be all of those things and not lead directly to a roller-coaster relationship).
Then I went to the Utah Valley Single Adult Conference fireside with my neighbor. Big mistake. Two reasons why it was a big mistake. Actually three reasons. 1) Nearly everyone there was at least 45 and 50 years old. 2) My neighbor found the most ridiculous and most flattery/gag-inducing guy there for us to sit by. 3) Santa Claus, with a long pony tail, accosted me when he said, "You look stunning, girl." as I was bolting out of the fireside. All of this temporarily threw me back into my hermit phase. But I'm out of it again. And I've been to two more singles activities and have had much better experiences with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment