I conquered a Utah Valley must-ride classic today: the Alpine Loop. It is a paved road that goes up and behind Mount Timpanogos. Kendra and I started at her house in Orem and went out toward the freeway then directly north through Pleasant Grove and Cedar Hills, climbed up the American Fork side of the loop, descended down the Sundance side of the loop, and finished the ride down the Provo River Trail. The ride ended up being 45 miles, over 4,200 feet of elevation gain, and took us almost four hours to complete. Definitely the hardest road ride I've ever done . . . so far. I'm proud to say that I did it! I conquered it. I'd probably do it again. Here is a pic of me at the summit.
That evening I relaxed by going fishing at Payson Lakes with my friend, Deb. We didn't have any luck. We caught a lot of sticks and snags, but we had a yummy deli picnic dinner! I was ravenous from my long ride, so it all tasted so good to me. After a while I gave up on the fishing and ate some of my German chocolate cake and laid on the bricks and just enjoyed the beauty of the great outdoors. When life doesn't give you any fish, I suggest eating a German chocolate cake! :)
1 comment:
Yay! I'm caught up on your blog! Your life is so full and fascinating - I love your adventures!
Mary
Post a Comment