Sunday, July 01, 2012

Wildfires Galore

We've had several wildfires burning here in Utah over the last week or two. It's been so sad! Many homes and cabins have burned. At least one person has died - that I've heard about. Thankfully, none of the fires have been near me, but they've been close enough to rain ash down on my home and work and fill Utah Valley with smoke for most of the week. It's tragic to me that so many fires have already occurred this year when we haven't even reached our hottest and driest months yet. And many more fires have taken place outside of Utah - like in Pocatello, Idaho where dozens of homes have burned and in Colorado Springs, Colorado where hundreds of homes have burned. I just keep thinking of the people who have mortgages to pay for those homes that no longer exist - will their homeowner's insurance cover that? Or would their insurance not cover it since maybe their home was built near foothills where wildfire was a possibility? I don't know, but I feel for them.

I also keep wondering if the Lord is getting started early on his promise to burn the Earth in preparation for the Millennium. At the very least, this is surely a calamity spoken of in the scriptures in reference to the Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Smoke in the air over my town/neighborhood.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...