Last night, I went for a little hike with Lindsey and Rob to Upper Falls in Provo Canyon. I'd always wanted to hike to the falls and see it because I've ridden along the Provo River Trail and have never seen the water cross the trail that comes from the falls. We found out that the water goes underground! Immediately after tumbling over the falls. Crazy. We had to cross a bridge over the Provo River to start the hike and it had a chain link fence and gate around it with a little hole that we squeezed through. But Lindsey had a tough time squeezing through because she is seven months pregnant! Apparently, their baby, Charlotte, kicks quite a bit, but after the squeeze she quit kicking for a while so Rob was pretty distressed. But Lindsey says she tends to quit kicking when Lindsey is active anyways. Just to be sure, I checked in with Lindsey today to find out if Charlotte survived the squeeze and started kicking again, and she did! Yay!
Then I joined Janie and Carrie for their neighborhood block party "Cul-de-sac of Fire" fireworks party. Holy Frijole. There were a ton of people there, lots of good treats, way too many errant flying flowers (fireworks) that went onto house-rooftops, into vacant dry fields, and in spectators' seats - all of which were chased after with hoses due to the high fire risk we have right now. And there were many big-air, and I think illegal, fireworks that seemed way too close. But! It was super fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment