Monday, July 16, 2012

Four and a Half Years of Piano Lessons

I received some bittersweet news from my piano teacher, Deanne, at my last lesson: that it was going to be my last lesson with her because she was turning in her papers to serve a mission. Her husband passed away suddenly at the beginning of April earlier this year and she has been struggling to keep busy enough to distract her from her sadness so she decided to turn in her mission papers. I will miss her greatly! I've been taking piano lessons from her for four and a half years! She was so fun - always asking about my love life, offering to set me up, always telling me to be more expressive, keep my fingers curled, elbows in, shoulders down, and start slow. Now to see if I can keep her hard work (and mine I suppose) in practice. Bon voyage!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...