Yesterday, I participated in the 12 Hours of Sundance race. Kendra was on my team and she recruited two men that she used to ride with - Kerry, who actually works at BYU with me, and Eric, who works at Ancestry with Kendra. The day and venue could not have been more beautiful. The weather was perfect. The trees were on fire with fall colors and leaves were beautifully strewn across the trail. The lap was 7.7 miles and 1,214 feet of climbing. The two men on our team and I each rode three laps, and Kendra only rode two since she was last in the race order - but we designed that on purpose since Kendra had been sick for a couple weeks. Last year it took me 1 hour 15 minutes to do the lap, this year I was less! My first lap was timed at 1:08, my second at 1:09, and my third at 1:11. So awesome! I'm impressed with myself just because I was able to do a third lap this year, whereas I only did two last year and was kind of glad to only do two since I was quite tired. So my third lap was my challenge for this year and I rocked it. During my third lap, I told myself just to have fun, not push it, and don't get hurt. I did have fun, and I didn't get hurt! Overall, it was a fabulous day of racing. And we so happened to be the only team racing in our category, Co-Ed 4-Person Masters, so we automatically got first place! Ha ha!
 |
| My bike and race plate. |
 |
| My team: Eric, Kerry, Kendra, and me - see the pretty fall colors?! |
 |
| The 1st place medal. |
No comments:
Post a Comment