Monday, October 29, 2012

Quickie Trip to Boise

This past weekend, my niece (Jen) and nephew (Spencer) and I took a quickie trip to Boise to go to the Boise Temple Open House. They recently renovated it and so it's having an open house before the church rededicates it on November 18. The weekend ended up being a very busy weekend since Jill and Mike decided this would be a good time for Spencer to receive his endowments in the temple. So Jen, Spence, and I drove up to Twin Falls Friday afternoon where we met Jill, Mike, Mom, and Wayne and Marsha. We all went to dinner at Sizzler beforehand and then Jen left to finish the drive to Boise when we went to the temple. It was a wonderful experience, of course, to be there with Spencer and everyone else.

Then on Saturday, I did some homework in the morning while Mom helped out at a funeral for one of her ward members. Then we met up with Jill and Mike and family to go to the Boise Temple open house. The open house was wonderful and beautiful. Mom and I were dressed in blue jeans while Jill and Mike and family were in Sunday best! We laughed that Mom and I would be their "investigators". Ha ha! While there, I ran into Barbara Dopp who was the wife of a bishop of mine and my seminary teacher from high school. It was so fun to see her and catch up. And then I ran into Sandy Embry, an old young women's leader of mine! She was so darling - hugging me and asking me what I've been up to. She also offered to set me up with some guy she knows that is moving to Utah. She got my phone number and email address ... so we'll see if anything comes of it.

I went to Mom's ward on Sunday, and her ward had a primary program in Sacrament! I so loved it. Afterward we met up with Jill and Mike and family again because Parker was receiving his Patriarchal Blessing and invited us to come along. It was such a great weekend.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...