Monday, October 23, 2006

The Evolution of My Skis

This fall I bought an amazing pair of skis. They are K2 Lotta Luvs. I am so excited to try them out this season. I have already developed plans how I am going to lock them up to make sure they aren't stolen by some covetous fiend--lock them in my ski rack on my car, lock them up when I am in the lodge eating lunch, etc. But they are so short! Check out the picture. The new skis are on the far left. When I first bought them, I kept them up in my room. I didn't want to take them down to the cold, lonely basement. But when I had the bindings mounted on them, I finally put them down in the basement. When I put them down in the basement next to my other, older children (skis), I had to laugh! Check out the evolution of skis just in the last 10 years! I went from 180s to 164s to finally 153s.

This weekend, however, I got a bit of a smack in the face with how much I paid for my Lotta Luvs. My roommate, Linda, and I went shopping and we visited Copeland Sports. They are going out of business so they have been having this huge sale. We found her some skis, bindings and boots all for under $200! It was such a good deal we called my two good neighbor-friends, Camille and Lindsey, and they came and bought their gear for the same price! Between all three of them, they still spent less than I did on my new babies--and that was to get fully equipped. But that is okay. I am a more dedicated skier at this point in time. I am a better skier than they are and I need skis that will take me to the next level!! And my new Lotta Luvs will do just that. Every sports-shop-guy drools when I tell him what skis I bought. I love that. :o)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...