Monday, October 02, 2006

The First Wedding of the Next Generation


The first of my nieces and nephews got married this Labor Day weekend. I can't believe it. The wedding was a beautiful and the reception was even more so! My sister, Teri, made nearly all the food and as you can tell by the plate full it, I LOVED it! The younger nephews were all playing in the sandbox in their church pants, shirts and ties. All the family not part of the immediate wedding party sat around and chit-chatted....and ate the yummy food from the dessert buffet.

But that doesn't tell you the story from before the wedding. Holy smokes! Helping my sister put together her backyard for the reception has only convinced me further to rent a reception hall and let the hall employees do the decorating and catering. I told my sister, Jill, "If I ever start to talk about doing something else because the reception hall is too much money, please remind me how much work and stress it is to try to do it myself!" Jill promised to do just that. But the reception really was beautiful.

This picture of Corban, my great-nephe
w and bride's son, is my absolute favorite picture from the entire evening. You got it...he is underneath the train of his mother's wedding dress. Ha! I love it!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...