Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm All Moved and Now I am Leaving!

Well, not really. I am just going home to Idaho for the weekend.

Yup, I am all moved into my new place. I have nearly every box unpack, a place for almost everything and I love my new furniture!! I discovered that packing is
not the more difficult thing to do in a move--it is the unpacking and trying to find a place for everything and re-purposing plastic drawers, dresser drawers, closets, desk drawers, plastic organization baskets, book shelves, etc. Yuck. But I am mostly done. I have pictures and mirrors to hang and one or two more little boxes to unpack. And then then worst of it: really get organized. The basement is a mess! (I should clarify, mess-my-style, so not really that big of a mess.) Everything is stacked nicely, but what is inside the boxes is what I need to re-organize. And then my pantry shelf needs to be re-organized. Oh the joys. But so far I am really liking it and I love parking in the garage. Although it makes me nervous to open and close the garage door in the morning when I go to the gym bright and early! I hope my roommates are able to sleep through it. :p Pictures and a video tour to come! Check my blog at the beginning of September.

And speaking of the gym . . .. finally! My favorite gym is back open! It was closed for the past several weeks for improvements and renovations. It looks so much better. Truly. I went yesterday and today. They have all new ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes in the main area with flat screen TVs, then all new weight machines. And then . . . . they have a cardio cinema now! We can watch a movie without headphones in a darkened room on a big screen. And they are pretty new movies too! This morning I watched the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean. They have all the classic cardio machines in there. Love it.

And now, as soon as I am off of work today I am on the road for Idaho! My dad and I had plans to hike into our favorite lake near Warren, Idaho, but unfortunately, the forest fires have closed and evacuate
Warren and there is no getting into the lake. But I am still going to Idaho. My mom and sisters and I are going to go see Becoming Jane tomorrow afternoon and then we will hook up with my dad and my sisters' kids and go to the Western Idaho Fair. I am going to gorge myself on corn dogs, loaded fries, elephant ears, and fresh squeezed lemonade--and un-do everything I just did yesterday and this morning! I figure I will be officially back on the gym-attending-band-wagon next week. And then Saturday I am hooking up with my best friend from high school and we are headed to McCall for some fun outdoors and general McCall good times. We are living up the good ol' days this weekend. I will post photos and details when I return!

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Jess! Your life is so exciting! so do you have room mates living in your house??

christianna said...

hey. have *so* much fun in idaho!! sounds like it will be a great trip.

christianna said...

did you get lost in idaho?! it's been tooo looong ... need an update!!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...