Sunday, December 14, 2008

2nd Annual Christmas Music Soiree

This year's soiree was even bigger than last years... and the major difference between the two parties? I played the piano! I played my song, Carol of the Bells, twice. Once at the beginning of the party with no one paying any particular attention to me and I didn't make any mistakes. The second time I played was at the end of the party and this time I had two people looking over my shoulder so I made several mistakes and then when I finished all my friends that "weren't listening to me" applauded me. I was so embarassed. I ran into the kitchen.

Oh it was a riot to sing the old classic, children's Christmas carols - like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. Who knew that single adults in the
ir late 20s and early 30s could get such a kick out of singing those songs!

And then the food. Oh the food. It was so divine - stuffed mushrooms, pumpkin spice bread, marbled chocolate bark, cheese ball and crackers, summer sausage, Russian tea, and then cranberry cake with butter sauce. Mmmmm.

Good friends, good music, good food, good times.

1 comment:

christianna said...

sounds and looks like a fun party!
how do you know nate seeley?

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...