I just have the best news ever. Yes, yes, you'll think I'm silly for the little things that I get so excited over. But hey - it doesn't take much to make me happy. :)
First, today was the second work day in a row where we were told to leave work early because of the snow storm. Friday we left early at 4 because of a snow storm and then again today the whole university was shut down at 2 o'clock because of another snow storm! Woo hoo! This hasn't happened in ages... if ever! Yes!
Second, I made it up my street! Yes. I bought new tires earlier this fall and I actually made it up my slightly inclined street to my house after coming home from work. They hadn't plowed my neighborhood yet so it was amazing cuz there was like 4 inches of new snow on my street. Last winter I would have been parking at the bottom of my street and walking up.
That's it. That's my happy snow days' news. :)
By the way, have a merry Christmas! I'm headed home to Idaho tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get stuck in the snow storm but no worries for me - if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear - so I am taking my sleeping bag, my backpacking stove, a truckload of food, my warmest clothes and ski gear and maybe even my snow shoes! I should be well prepared for this treacherous drive before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment