Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Life List Achievement: Make a Family History Book to Share

Well, I did it! I completed another life list item. I made a family history book to share with all my family! There are nearly 800 photos in this family photo album and it has five generations in it! Many years ago, my Uncle Rob put this original family album together and gave it to my Grandma Bertha. When she passed away she gave it to my Uncle Doyle. I've had very little contact with him over the years since I left for college and began working ... that is until May of 2007. He allowed my sister and I to scan all of the photos in this album and since then I've been working on cropping those pictures and labeling them. And then over the last few months I've put all those photos into a book and had it published. In all, I ordered 12 copies of it - for my mom, aunt, sisters and cousins. It is amazing! I've really come to know my ancestors and extended family that are in this album (or at least to the extent that you can get to know someone via photo). It's been an amazing experience. Enjoy the photos and the video of the book.

If you are related to me via the Halfords or Brooks' then let me know and I'll send you a link to website where you can purchase your own family album!


P.S. Don't mention this to my mom yet... she's getting it for Christmas this year and she doesn't know about it. :)
P.P.S. I made the book using the Booksmart program via www.blurb.com

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I am so impressed Jessika! I think I would definitely win favorite child if I did that for my mom. What a huge accomplishment!

Christopher said...

Wow, Congrats! Hopefully your mom doesn't read your blog.

Our Ohana said...

That's awesome, Jess! I'm so impressed, it makes me want to do the same! Looking at how far those pictures go back, you must have a huge amount of family history done for your ancestors - well done!
Merry Christmas,
Sara xx

Laura said...

That is so cool! I'm trying to work on something like that too. Do you mind if I ask what program or company you used to make your book?

Laura said...

Oh, I just read the last line. Blurb. Cool!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...