Monday, March 09, 2009

Mundane Monday - Piano Practice

I just have to blog about this... Ha! So I'm suppose to practice the piano for 45 minutes 5 or 6 days per week... and tonight I was only doing it half-heartedly. My roommate, Jana, was sitting on the stairs and we were having one of those fun roommate talks... you know about boys and stuff like that. I'd practice a song while she dished up some dinner. Then we'd talk some more. Then I'd practice again while she went up to her room for a second. Then she'd come back down to chat again. And just when I had enough - of sitting at the piano for an hour and half - I told her, just one more Sea Chanty (I've been practicing Variations on a Sea Chanty in Alfred's Level 3 Adult Course Piano Book) but for this one she should do a little jig while I played it... Ha! Ha! Ha! She ACTUALLY took me up on my offer! I did not expect that! So while I played, she danced and jigged and did the whole Russian kick behind me. Every now and then I would see her in the corner of my eye and laugh uncontrollably, which would ruin my playing, obviously!!

I love silly nights with my roommates.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...