Thursday, March 05, 2009

Strength #3: Responsibility

Your Responsibility theme forces you to take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and whether large or small, you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion. Your good name depends on it. If for some reason you cannot deliver, you automatically start looking for ways to make it up to the other person. Apologies are not enough. Excuses and rationalizations are totally unacceptable. You will not quite be able to live with yourself until you have made restitution. This conscientiousness, this near obsession for doing things right, and your impeccable ethics, combine to create your reputation: utterly dependable. When assigning new responsibilities, people will look to you first because they know it will get done. When people come to you for help – and they soon will – you must be selective. Your willingness to volunteer may sometimes lead you to take on more than you should.

Heh. Yeah. Several years ago I planned a trip to Bear Lake with a good friend - it was going to be so fun. Snowmobiling. Snow shoeing. The works. And it was with a big group of people so you had to pay a deposit down beforehand and all that crazy committed way of doing things. I totally talked my good friend into going with me - we didn't know a soul who was going besides each other. And then... the guy I was interested in invited me to a cabin for the same weekend with him and some friends of his. Oh the dilemma!! I really wanted to go with this guy... see what would happen... but is seemed so morally wrong to ditch my friend and go with the guy! She's an amazing friend by the way... told me to go with the guy and said she'd be fine. So I did go with the guy. To this day, have I forgiven myself for ditching her? No way jose. I'm still hung up on it. I'm still making up for it. Not because she hasn't forgiven me or forgotten about it. She's totally forgotten about it. I have to remind her about my big mistake! But that's only on frivolous stuff, can you imagine me with important stuff? :) Oh and by the way, nothing panned out with the guy. Sigh... all the more reason to regret ditching my friend.

1 comment:

The Road Less Traveled. said...

Your strengths have been seriously fun to read and dead on. I may need to borrow your book.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...