Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Letter 2012


Merry Christmas!
Ah, Miracle on 34th Street playing on my TV, eggnog in the fridge, snow in the forecast, and the end of finals and a tough fall semester - all signs that Christmas is upon us and so is my task of trying to write a Christmas letter! 2012 has been a wonderful and quiet year for me. Well, okay. Maybe not that quiet. 

I’m still working for BYU in their Human Resource Development office doing online training and now that I have a beautiful new Macbook at work, my work is that much more exciting to show up for! I’m now in my last year of my graduate program, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I’m also still in my little condo in Springville, and still racing and riding my mountain bike. 
This year’s travels included two trips to Seattle. (I really am obsessed, and I really do need to move there someday.) My mom joined me for the first trip - to see my friend’s wedding. While there, we explored the beautiful Bloedel Reserve and drove around the old haunts from back in the day when my parents and sisters lived in the area - long before my time! And the second trip was my dream-come-true trip of going hiking in the Olympics and along the coast. It was beautiful and everything I dreamed of. I also went to Houston to visit my sister, Joni, and her family at their new home. We went to the beach on a most perfect day ever and ate some alligator for dinner that her husband and son hunted and shot. 

This has also been the year of family with a skiing weekend in January with three of my sisters, and three nephews getting married. The cherry on top was when my mom came down for the Sundance Outdoor Theater production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Bless her beautiful hide! 

In August, I bought Ruby, my Subaru Outback. I {heart} my Outback. Because I have her, I purposely parked in a snow drift last month . . . because I could. It was awesome! And just the other day, I went to lunch with a friend during the peak of a snow storm. I watched a bunch of other people sliding around while me and Ruby drove around like it was no big deal. I should have bought her a long time ago. I’m excited for all the new places I’ll be able to go because of her! 

To wrap up here are some other highlights by the numbers: 100 miles of Little Red Riding Hood road bike ride conquered. 51 miles ridden in 36 hours for the 12 Hours of Mesa Verde race. 23 miles ridden in the 12 Hours of Sundance race where we took 1st place! 4 quilts completed. 4 moose and 1 baby moose seen while out mountain biking. 2 mountain bike rides when my rear brakes quit working leading to 1 great tumble. 1 beast of a road ride over the Alpine Loop logging 45 miles and 4,200 feet of climbing. 1 tarantula sighting in Hobble Creek canyon. 1 kitchen faucet replaced by yours truly. And 1 new roommate! Jo is her name and she just moved in at the beginning of December! She’s perfectly wonderful. 

I hope all is well with you and your loved ones and that this letter finds you well and happy! May the spirit of Christmas, and the hope and joy that comes with it, fill your lives. Take care and keep the emails, blog posts, and Christmas letters coming! 

Best wishes, 
Jessika






No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...