Thursday, August 07, 2008

Garden Progress

I am long overdue for a progress report on my garden! So - overall progress: Fair
  • Tomatoes are doing okay...
  • Peppers have plateaued to roughly the size of a golf ball - maybe a little bigger
  • Cilantro turned into a ugly, dead-looking weed so I yanked it up ages ago
  • Basil nearly died but it has perked up in the last week or two
  • Chives plateaued for a looooong time, but are finally coming around
  • Strawberries have done extremely well!
  • Bugs... well, they've discovered my roma tomatoes, but not my other ones and they tend to find the ripe strawberries just before I do, but I always find them before they eat the whole strawberry
I have eaten 5 or 6 strawberries from my garden and they are to die for!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I like the garden ... one of these days I'm going to get around to that ...

Jen said...

Hey, your garden looks awesome. Our strawberries died after one berry, and I have had fewer tomatoes than plants. Also, not one pepper. Not one. Congrats!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...