Saturday, August 09, 2008

The ULCER Rookie

Yup. That's me. The ULCER (Utah Lake Century Epic Ride) Rookie. I rode the ULCER this morning. Not the full 111 miles, or even the 67 miles. The 33 miles. Yeah, I don't think I'll do that again: pay the registration fee, get the annoyingly large t-shirt, drive all the way up to Thanksgiving Point.... just to ride my bike for 33 miles - I can do that from home. Next time I do a century ride, it will be at least the 67 miles. 33 miles was just a little anti-climactic. I was one of the first ones back (to the finish line). I think all the people that normally do the 33 miles don't ride as fast as I do - but don't get me wrong - I don't set a race pace (20 mph). I normally ride between 15-19 mph which was classified as the medium pace. Live and learn... and use the too-big t-shirt for canyoneering.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Congrats, you made it. That is the important thing.

Jesse said...

Wow! I'm not a biker, so my opinion doesn't mean too much. But 33 miles sounds like a lot to me. Great job.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...