Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Officially the Summer of Doom

I have officially named this summer the "Summer of Doom". My health was doomed! My dreams of becoming a decent road biker were doomed! My goal of re-achieving a normal gym routine was doomed!! Everything active was doomed. Why?

I've been sick .... twice.
Had to take two separate medications (prescriptions = expensive) to get rid of an ear infection.
Sprained my left ankle in June.
Re-injured it a week later.

And now.... the cherry on top:
Just sprained my right foot ... stepping off the shuttle in the airport parking lot after returning from Seattle.
I'd thought for sure that I had broken it. I had a protrusion on the top of my foot. I had to hold my leg up while I drove home from the airport because I couldn't stand to even rest it on the floor of my car. It ached all night long and I couldn't walk on it. But thankfully, as time has passed on, its healing has progressed remarkably. I can walk on it!

So I have been to the doctor three times this summer.
I have had two sets of x-rays done: one for my left foot and ankle and now one for my right foot and ankle - both within a month of each other. I have two cankles now!!! Ugh.
My Flexible Spending Account money was all used up with my prescription drugs and now everything is out of pocket from here on out.

I realize I am actually very blessed ... with normally good health. I haven't been to the doctor for six or seven years. So this year is an anomaly. Big time. Meh. What to do now but RICE??? (R - Rest it, I - Ice it, C - Compress it, E - Elevate it). Sigh.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hope this period of bad luck comes to an official end! Here is to some good luck being on its way!

Anonymous said...

R.I.C.E...
Great things to do to heal the ankle. Next-work on getting the ankles stronger!!! Call me and I can tell you how!
See you soon!

Jeremy said...

Hey Jess, sorry its been so long sinse I have commented on your stuff. And I'm sorry to hear about your feet and poor health. You'll be back up in no time I'm sure.

Anywho, I thought I'd drop by.

Love you

Jeremy

Camille said...

OUCH!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...