Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Seattle Times

Oh beautiful Seattle. I think I must be good luck for the weather in Seattle. It rained the day I arrived and the day I left but was beautiful in between!

My mom and I had a great time in Seattle - visiting our cousin, Ruth Ann. She took us into downtown Seattle and specifically to Pike Place Market. I can NEVER get over the flowers there!!
And then one of my old roommates, Elke, and her two children came to visit and have lunch with us while I was there! I should have been smarter and taken a picture with her. But alas - hindsight is always 20/20. It was such a delight to reconnect with Elke and see how things have been for her and her family.

Then Ruth Ann took us to Issaquah, Kirkland and
Bellevue. My parents used to live in Issaquah and Bellevue.... many moons ago (like 35 years ago). And my mom had not been back since.

Friday and Saturday and Sunday morning were spent at Ruth Ann's cabin on Marrowstone Island. We walked around and window shopped in Port Townsend; gathered sea shells from the beach by her cabin (I couldn't get over how many dead, baby crabs there were along the beach!); ate fresh crab to our hearts' content; and hiked around Fort Flagler State Park amongst gigantic ferns.

Saturday was Ruth Ann's birthda
y so we took her to dinner at the AJAX Cafe which was super fun! They do not have a single matching dish, flatware or cup in the place. There are hats all over the walls that you can wear while eating dinner. And there was live entertainment. Love it!

We also caught a crab in Ruth Ann's cr
ab pot! It is a first for me - not first attempt - but first successful trip. When we started out to go retrieve the crab pot, we couldn't see it so I was beginning to wonder if I was bad luck for crabbing! But we found it and we had a crab in the trap!! So cool.

2 comments:

christianna said...

yep! really love the hair! :)

p.s. -- i'm going to seattle this weekend and *so* excited for it!! i love that city ...

Jodi Nelson said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ruth Ann! Looks like you guys have a fun trip! Glad the weather was good for ya. ;o) ooxx`jodi

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...