Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gulangyu Island

Last Tuesday, Catherine and I took the ferry over to Gulangyu Island just off the coast of Xiamen Island. It was such a quaint little island full of shops and food and people! Apparently, there used to be a bunch of embassies on it so all of the old buildings there were not traditional Chinese architecture; they were in more a European architecture style. The KFC was in such a fancy building! (but I didn't get a picture of it.)

We did a little shopping.... I spent so much time at the pearl shop trying to decide what I wanted to buy! I loved a colored strand of pearls so much, but white are so classic .... so I bought both. Ha!

Then we visited a garden that was beautiful. It had a fun little area where there were a bunch of rock grottos to explore, and it even had a piano museum that had over one hundred pianos in it. Kind of random! But cool.






I've been seeing these kinds of brooms all over. Aren't they interesting? I marvel that it picks up more than it leaves behind! :) 


That's a real baby in that doll-like stroller! 

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...