Monday, July 01, 2013

The Xiamen Luxury Hotel

Luxury indeed. This hotel is what I’m dubbing “authentic”… ha ha! It’s definitely not as nice as the hotel that we stayed at in Xi’an.
  • Our room smelled musty when I first arrived and the duvet cover on the bed felt damp to sit on or get under. It got a little better after we turned the air conditioning back on.
  • There are markings and splatterings of who-knows-what on the walls of our hotel room.
  • The bed is quite hard although I slept just fine on it.
  • The room definitely feels dirty although doesn’t look it… too bad anyway.
  • I’m kind of scared to brush my teeth with tap water…. so I’ve been using bottled water since tap water in China is known to not be potable (generally).
  • The shower is a bit scary but the hotel provides plastic Adidas-style sandals that I’ve been using in the shower.
  • Breakfast provided by the hotel is rice and some very “authentic” looking toppings that I don’t think I’m going to ever try; or some milk, a boiled egg, and a steamed roll, which I will eat.
  • Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby, although I can only handle being in the lobby so long as it is not air-conditioned nor is it smoke-free.
  • Something the hotel is doing right: universal plugs in the rooms! That means I can plug in my American appliances without an adapter. Nicely done, Xiamen Luxury Hotel.








No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...