Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Hawaii Day 1 - The Arrival

We arrived in Maui around 1:00 pm on Tuesday, February 1st. I packed flip-flops in my carry-on bag and boy was I grateful! My feet immediately started to roast right when I got off the plane - because it was 80 degrees and I had just come from 10 degrees in Salt Lake City. I picked up the rental car - and we got a free upgrade to a minivan! Which was great since we had 4 girls and a monstrous amount of luggage to cart around. It also worked out great for carrying around our play toys - floaties that we bought, body-boards that we rented, etc. It wasn't as great for the Road to Hana day, but I'll address that in another post.

My phone was awesome to provide navigation to all of our destinations and it got us to our hotel which was an hour away from the airport - in Lahaina. We had the best view of the ocean and the island and we were on the top floor - the 12th floor! We roamed around downtown Lahaina that night, ate our first plate lunch at Aloha Mixed Plate, got some ice cream, and checked out the monster banyan tree in downtown!


No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...