Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Shingles
Yep. You read that blog post title right. I have shingles. And a cold on top of it. I got the rash/bumps about a week ago. I've been dealing with it, and this cold that hit me like a ton of bricks on Sunday, ever since. I finally went to the doctor today about the rash and that's when she told me I had shingles! She said stress can bring shingles on by weakening the immune system... but what stress? I just got back from Hawaii! I'm still on vacation when it comes to my homework - I can't bring myself to do any homework besides what is immediately necessary to do. And she said it's not uncommon to get a cold too since my immune system is already at work on the shingles. So my prescriptions are being filled as I type this post. Yay for Walgreen's text message program - to tell me when my prescriptions are filled. Yes - that is a plural prescription - an anti-viral pill, patch for the rash, and cream for the rash. Here's to better health! I can't stand this being sick so often business. I normally only get a cold every two years, but I've gotten 3 colds and this bout of shingles within 6 months of each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time to Retire this Blog
I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...
2 comments:
Sheesh! Hope you get feeling better soon. That sounds awful!
So sorry! Take care of yourself. Maybe another trip to an exotic locale??
Post a Comment