On Thursday, we went with a local dive shop to Molokini Crater. I went scuba diving while the other three went snorkeling. This is huge! We're talking a life list achievement for me. Check. Double check cuz I got two dives out of that trip and it was amazing! I went the deepest I had ever been, 60 feet, and for the longest dives, both were about 40 minutes each. I was pretty nervous about my first official dive in the ocean. What if there were dangerous fish and sharks down there?! But there weren't any. I decided that scuba diving is similar to snorkeling, but without the ocean waves dumping salt water down the snorkel and into your mouth leading to you gagging. :) I got some great pictures of the fish! I did see a garden eel and I tried to take a picture of it, but I haven't found any luck finding it in the picture I think I took of it. Ha! Oh well.
And then we went back to the beach. We rented some body-boards this time and found a beach that was perfect for it because it had a ton of good waves. We had a blast body-boarding and decided that we wanted to do it again another day. Although there was one wave that was too big for me to chew! It cleaned out my sinuses pretty good. Ha ha! We walked around to a rocky point and took some pictures and saw some crabs.
2 comments:
Jess, what a fabulous trip! The picture of you in your scuba mask is my FAVORITE.
Awesome scuba pics!
Post a Comment