So I went skiing yesterday. It was epic skiing. I'm certainly not skiing as much as I usually do.... or maybe I am but I'm not as passionate about it as I once was. I think I've already mentioned that on this blog. Anyway. But when I do go skiing, I go epic. Snowbird got almost 3 feet of new snow between Thursday night and Saturday. The snow was fantastic. And certainly worth me coining my new powder day quote, "No illnesses on a powder day." I've added that to my phrase that I coined for the epic day of skiing in December, "No budgets on a powder day."
But I must say this: I was wiped out by 2:30. After being laid out for most of the week with my cold and shingles and having not worked out at all this past week, I was way low on energy. And then add onto that the tons of powder to push around and having to do it in a total white-out thus making you always on alert and ready to tackle anything since you couldn't see it coming. Between those 4 things, I was exhausted by 2:30. So Braden and I only skied until 3:00 and then we headed home. But it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment