We took surfing lessons on Saturday. It was a blast! There were so many of us there and there were 3 instructors. We'd get in line behind the instructors and they would watch for waves and then push you off to get you started on the waves. Then you've have to figure out how to stand up and stay stood up! And because there were so many of us taking lessons, there were a ton of collisions! I started off strong and was able to get up pretty easily but then I got worse as time wore on. The instructors assured me that it was because I was getting tired. I'll believe them.
That night we went to a Luau in Lahaina. For the first time ever, I wore a real flower lei!! I was so excited about it. We had traditional seating on the ground right by the stage area. The food was served buffet style and I filled my plate up with a little bit of everything! I had octopus, ahi (raw tuna), lomi lomi (raw salmon salsa type stuff), fresh fruit, sweet potatoes, mahi mahi, chicken, kahlua pork, teriyaki steak, steamed veggies, banana bread, haupia (a coconut type pudding), and so many other types of food that I can't remember all of them. But I really liked most of it! And of course the dancing at the luau was amazing! How do they move their hips like that?! And we saw quite a bit of leg on those male dancers... ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment